Pick a language to read our adventures in

Sunday, 15 September 2013

More Mischief and the GSOD

Hi everyone,  Mac here tonight and I have to admit to more mischief. You see, at the kennels Maisie and I were always walked with two leads in case one broke and we got free. Our family decided that this wasn't likely to happen but on Thursday night my lead accidentally let me loose.

I consider myself to be an opportunist and I couldn't help but take advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be off the leash in public. Dad was chasing after me and I ran off down the street but stopped when I came to the road. A dog still needs to know his green cross code and I knew it would be silly to go unattended into the road.

My 30 seconds of freedom have now landed me two leashes every walk and the use of Maisie's Halti (which she was too small for and I absolutely hate).

Maisie subjected our humans to the Greyhound Scream of Death in the early hours of the morning too when she got her foot stuck in her muzzle. She was yelping and squealing like she was dying and Mum was very sympathetic - she couldn't stop laughing as she removed her paw. Maisie's not known for her brains.

Yesterday morning Maisie went on a trip with Mum and Kate to buy a new Halti that fits her and a warmer blizzard coat for winter. When she went back to the kennels for her coat, she was greeted like a celebrity and she loved the attention. Our family thought she would be sad to see the kennels again and maybe think they were taking her back but her tail was wagging enthusiastically and there was a big grin on her face. She even saw Ikey and Iris,  the two hounds who got our kennel when we left. Maisie tells me it was tempting to sneak back in for old times sake but she didn't want to risk our family swapping her for another dog.

Finally,  we now have an eBay page! Check it out here. 40% of the proceeds will go to the Retired Greyhound Trust and the other 60% to our beloved Greyhound Rescue Fife. This month the items we're selling are all dog themed - so far we have a selection of trading cards with a dog included in every lot. We're not hopeful that our items will all sell but we know we have to at least try. Even £1 will help a hound.

Until next time folks I'll be doing my best to be extra good and maybe earn the right to walk Halti-free.

Mac x

P.S - while Maisie was out I decided to take some selfies! Aren't I beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment